You’ve probably seen Williams Chechet’s standing coloring your timeline for awhile now. The Nigerian born graphic designer, illustrator and muralist is responsible for globally acclaimed contemporary art pieces. And now, Lagos residents will get to see his phenomenal work up close and personal as he brings his latest art project, We are the North to Lagos for his first solo exhibition.
The project is a series of beautiful illustrations from Northern Nigeria, where Williams was raised, influenced by pop art – an art movement which involves imagery from popular culture being visually removed from its known context, isolated, and/or combined with unrelated material.
In conjunction with Alliance Français de Lagos; We are The North will be exhibiting at the Moorhouse Hotel in Ikoyi on the 3rd of June at 5pm. The works will be showcased until the 16th of June so if you love art, we suggest you pop this one into your calendar. .
The event is free and you can RSVP for the opening day event here: wearethenorth.rsvpify.com
- Ndani Lifestyle: African art
- Ndani Lifestyle: Art Lagos
- Ndani Lifestyle: Contemporary art
- Ndani Lifestyle: Exhibition
- Ndani Lifestyle: Lagos Art
- Ndani Lifestyle: Lagos Exhibition
- Ndani Lifestyle: nigerian art
- Ndani Lifestyle: Nigerian artist
- Ndani Lifestyle: We are the North
- Ndani Lifestyle: Williams Chechet